The Best Keto-Salad Recipes to Bring with You at Work
Salads are the best nutrition-packed meals that Keto dieters are fond of. Whether you are new or already on your second or third week on your keto diet journey, it is sure that you will find salad as the easiest meal option that is not only tasty but also guilt free.
Unlike what others believe, salads could be taken anywhere. With the right packaging and the right timing of preparation, you can have your keto salad recipes ready to take with you anytime you want to go out.
Before we go and present some of our favorite keto-salad recipes, we want to offer you some tips that will help you create and bring your salads anywhere you go without losing too much time in preparation.
True, salads are best eaten fresh. However, when you are always on-the-go, you might find it hard to always prepare a tasty and healthy salad before you eat it. Here are some of the tips that can help you reduce the time that you put into preparing your salad without necessary losing the flavor of your ingredients even if you are to grab the meal the next day.
- Prepare Your Ingredients at Night
From peeling to cutting to slicing some of the ingredients you might want to use in your salad, these preparation procedures require time. It is best to do them at night before you sleep. Take note though that when you do this, you always have to factor in your salad-preparation time in your schedule at night to avoid any rush and pressured attitude towards the preparation of these ingredients.
The best option of ingredients would be those that does not sag easily after being kept in a sealed container. Keep in mind the food that you are to eat and not to eat when choosing the right ingredients for your salad on-the-go.
To make sure you keep the freshness of each ingredient, you need to have ready-to-use sealable plastic or glass containers that can be stored and accessed easily the next morning.
- Pre-Cook Your Proteins
If you want some proteins added to your salad, it is best to pre-cook the in the evening as well. This will reduce your preparation time dramatically and will offer you a salad meal with complete source of nutrients and proteins the next day.
- Create Your Own ready-to-use Salad Dressings Over the Weekend
Salad dressings could be bought from the store. When you choose to buy either from the shop or online, make sure you check the nutrition label of each dressing to make sure they are Keto-friendly.
But if you want to make a salad dressing that would specifically appeal to your taste. With the right storage for your salad-dressing, the one you prepare in the weekend could actually last you for the whole week.
- Give Yourself at least Five Minutes to Put Everything Together before you go
Every morning, before you go, you ought to give yourself at least two to five minutes to put everything together in a grab-and-go container and set up your salad meal for the day. If your salad has all the complete components of a complete and healthy keto-meal you can go ahead and prepare for either snack or lunch or both.
In all these preparations, remember that the key to a successful and satisfying Keto diet is your willingness to go through the process while enjoying every part of it. When you know why you are doing what you are doing for the sake of aiding your body’s natural process of ketosis, you will have a better mindset in place making it easier for you to go through salad preparations for the next day and enjoying every part of it.
Here are some of the best salad recipes to consider the next time you go out:
- 225 grams ground beef
- 100 grams romaine lettuce
- 1 medium-sliced avocado
- 60 grams cherry tomatoes
- 28 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 60 grams sour cream
- 7 grams diced red onion
- 15 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking and Setting Up:
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the ground beef until it is brown
- Add cumin, peer, salt, and paprika to taste and let the beef cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, put I the lettuce, tomato avocado, and onion and toss.
- Upon preparation the next morning add in sour cream for the dressing and drizzle with a fair amount of cheese.
BACON, EGG AND SPINACH SALAD
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 34 ounces of cooked bacon
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs while cooking the bacon on another pan. Use olive oil to fry the bacon until crispy.
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar and oil together to create a dressing
- Place the bacon, eggs and spinach together in in a salad bowl.
- Upon preparation the next morning, place the dressing into the salad mixture before you go.
VEGAN KALE SALAD
- 4 cups chopped Kale
- 1 medium sliced avocado
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- ½ tbsp. of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the kale and olive oil in a mixing bowl and gently message the oil into the kale for at least 2 minutes.
- In preparation to go the next morning, just add in pine nuts, lemon juice, and avocado and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mixture gently.
To enjoy your salad on the go, you might also opt to bring a keto-friendly electrolyte powder drink that will match up with your healthy and tasty salad.